Thursday, February 11, 2016

40 Frames in Focus

So, after asking the Internet, aka my Facebook friends, I've decided to focus my 40 Frames and 40 Nights Lenten discipline.

I'll be doing the following films, which are fairly easy to stream online.


  • Dope
  • Dirty Pretty Things
  • Beasts of No Nation
  • Weekend
  • Tangerine
  • Blue is the Warmest Color
  • Monica and David

The following are films that I've found physical copies for, that I also plan on watching during Lent, which I will talk about over the course of the next 40 days as well.  However, they are not as easy to stream online.


  • Chi-Raq
  • The Skeleton Twins
  • Saved!
  • Ill Manors
I know not all of these films are perfect.  But I'm going to make a conscious decision for the purpose of this Lenten discipline to not focus on their flaws and how they perpetuate other symptoms of systemic sin in our world.  Instead, I'm going to focus my reflections on how each of these films challenge my understanding of how the world works.

So here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment